Episode 27 - Culinary Kung Fu!
Originally Recorded: December 2nd, 2020
Published: December 14th, 2020
Hosts: Jewels and Pete
Theme: Mix-Tape recipe ideas
Album Artwork: Photo by Jewels
Harry Belafonte - "Banana Boat (Day-O)"
Harry Nilsson - "Coconut"
Daniel Caine Orchestra - "Theme From Night Court"
AAAMYYY - "Over My Dead Body"
Michael Kiwanuka - "You Ain't The Problem"
Sarah McLachlan - "Ice Cream"
- How's your week been [0:29]
- What's on tap, bartender? [0:49]
- Tonight's theme [3:25]
- Kitchen horror stories [8:52]
- Work all day and drink Rum [11:13]
- Lime in a coconut? [22:43]
- The key is to brine [31:50]
- You ain't the problem [37:26]
- The hot sausages! [45:07]
- Ice-cream fits the bill [57:18]
- Honorable mention (Pete): Jimmy Buffet - Margaritaville
- Shout outs (Jewels): To our listeners
- Shout outs (Pete): To all the cooks and chefs
- Peruvian Egg Nog
We all make mistakes. Even Podcast Djs! So here you'll find things said, explained, or referenced that was incorrect! We apologize profusely for our human shortcomings and offer ourselves to the volcano gods as human sacrifices.
Error #1 - Pete incorrectly stated that a traditional Filipino breakfast consists of egg, pork chop, and white rice. It was actually a Vietnamese traditional breakfast he was referencing.